Tuesday, November 11, 2014

Indie presses

I had a really hard time putting this piece together on indie presses. Not because I can't write (although some former editors might say otherwise), but because I had such a wealth of material. Unfortunately some really good information and tales had to be cut -- I'm especially chagrined there wasn't more room for Nathan Kukulski of Six Gallery Press -- but sometimes sacrifices must be made.
Nathan, I owe you a beer, at least.
I am happy, however, to be able to shed some light on these wonderful folks who do this because they love books and writers and fiction and non-fiction and poetry. If you love books, these publishers deserve your support:
Braddock Avenue Books: Six Gallery Press; Low Ghost Press; Hyacinth Girl Press; and Creative Non-Fiction.
And my apologies to all the other small presses in the area that, for reasons of time and space, I could not fit in.
Of course, we all owe a debt of gratitude to Chuck Kinder and Diane Cecily for being hosts nonpareil.

No comments:

Post a Comment